Since the new baby is coming, she will be getting Lilly's old room. We decided to put two twin beds into Lilly's new room because eventually Charlotte will move in with her...and it will also work well as a guest room when we have guests in the future.
In case you forgot, here is the link to what this room looked like before (it was our guest room)
I started by painting the walls white and painting the two green stripes. THIS TOOK FOREVER. It took three coats of paint to get the walls to be a consistent white and the measuring, marking and taping portion of the stripes was very tedious...(this is why there are only two stripes)
I made the curtains using material I got on sale at JoAnns. Total cost per panel was $6. We found the metal bed frames at two thrift stores, $11 each. The comforters were from TJ Maxx and they were $19.99 each. The sheets were from Walmart ($10) and I made the throws at the end of the beds from some fabric I picked up about a year ago at the thrift store for $1! I also made the throw pillows with scraps of fabric that I had left over so no cost there.
We found the dresser at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $60. It was a light wood color and looked like it was from the 70's. I painted it white and sprayed the hardware with some rustic bronze spray paint we had on hand.
The lamp and accessories on the dresser and the letters on the wall were all from Lilly's old room. Fortunately they matched perfectly with the new room!
I would still like to get some book shelves (actually spice racks...see the idea here) to put on the walls (I'll probably paint them green). But other than that, the room is finished. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and also with some of the great deals we were able to find.
Here are the pins that inspired the look.