Friday, January 18, 2013

My Craft Closet

A few weeks ago I went to Ikea and bought this craft table!

But after taking every piece out of the box I realized that it didn't come with the screws/hinges etc! So, I emailed Ikea right away and approximately 7-10 days later I received the missing parts.

We have a cedar closet in our house and I've been wanting to turn it into my craft room. It was completely filled with boxes and junk and I spent quite a while cleaning and relocating all of that stuff. Afterwards, there was plenty of space for my new desk as well as all the knit fabric I purchased a while back at the auction.

I purchased a few white boxes from Ikea as well ($2 each!) and filled them with zippers, patterns, buttons, etc. I also had room for my sewing books and manuals on the shelves. The glass jars on the shelf were also from Ikea and will be perfect for ribbon, bobbins, etc.

My favorite thing about this sewing table is the drawers. There are three on each side and the additional storage is awesome! It also has the ability to expand on the other side or both sides can come down making it only about a foot wide! So much versatility!!

I love how the 'room' turned out and can't wait to start sewing!

Craft closet

Organized craft room

Sewing closet organized

Craft closet organized

Sewing room

Craft Closet


3 comments:

  1. Where in your house is this closet?! I never noticed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's upstairs...just looks like another bedroom door. It's actually a pretty good size though: about 8 feet by 4 feet.

      Delete
  2. What is this table called? Ive been looking for something like this and cant find it at Ikea website

    ReplyDelete