Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My $.50 vintage skirt project

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We sure did! We stopped by our favorite thrift store on Saturday where I picked up some lovely vintage silk fabric.


I just love the colors and pattern, don't you? There were two yards, priced at $1.00 and I used half of it for my skirt project.

I simply wrapped the material around my waste two and a half times and then cut it. Then I sewed it together, front to front to form a tube.

I added twelve pleats, even spacing them and then sewed across the time. I also added a zipper. The final step was to hem the top and bottom and I was done!

I wanted it to be knee length since I was embracing a vintage feel. I added some black heels ( $12 from k-mart), white blouse (Kohls...only $1.50 after using my kohl's cash), black camisole (Aerpostale-$6) and some fish net stocking (I remember purchasing them in 10th grade but have no idea what I paid...)

Anyways, since I'm embracing the 50's maybe I'll go make dinner and do some vacuuming...all while wearing the heels of course.

Vintage Skirt Tutorial DIY

Vintage Style

3 comments:

  1. I do like that colour and print. It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I love scouring thrift stores for cool vintage fabric, but I really need to start sewing more. Stopping by from the Thrifty Link-Up, visit my post at http://hardlyahousewifeblog.com/2013/01/thrift-store-finds-shoes/!

    ReplyDelete