Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Recipe

I picked up some pork tenderloin from Costco last week but wasn't quite sure what to do with it.

Costco Pork Tenderloin Recipe

The picture above shows what the package looks like. There are four chunks of meat, the total price for all four was $16.60.

After browsing my cabinets, and deciding that I wanted to use the crock-pot  I came up with the following recipe. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, so it was kind of a gamble...but it was so good! Me AND the Mr. loved it...which is a high compliment because we basically don't like any of the same food...

Costco Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of pork (enough to serve four people)
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions:

Place the pork in the crockpot and turn it to low. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over your tenderloin. Cook for 6-7 hours on low heat, turning the roast every 1-2 hours. 

How easy is that?! It came out so moist and juicy. I served it with some brussel sprouts and it was a great, fairly healthy, meal. And the total cost per person was $2.00! 

Low cost pork tenderloin recipe



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Linky Party.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete