Monday, December 24, 2012

Sweater Dress Tutorial

Merry Christmas Eve! I'm getting so excited! Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year and I hope you all have a great one.

Remember a few weeks ago when I bought 125 yards of knit fabric at an estate auction? Well, I've finally had enough time to do something with some of it.

I love sweater dresses and I've always wanted a white one. Some of the knit fabric I purchased was thick white, perfect for a warm, comfy, sweater dress.

I simply traced an old sweater dress I have and love and used it as a starting point for the new one. I wanted the new one to be long so I just continued down a little more. Once I finish my tracing I simply sewed the two pieces together (Front to front), hemmed the bottom and the neck areas and added sleeves. I like how it turned out and am excited to wear it. Oh...and for $.34 (two yards of fabric at $.17 a yard) it really was a great deal !!

Sweater Dress Tutorial

DIY Sweater Dress Easy Tutorial

DIY Sweater Dress Easy Tutorial

DIY Easy Sweater Dress Tutorial




1 comment: