Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY Oilcloth Project

Since making Lilly's oilcloth table cloth last week I've become very interested in oilcloth. It's just so fun and versatile!

But....the local stores here are pretty limited on their oilcloth selection. Basically your options are:



So, since I was looking for something post 1945, I looked into making my own and found this great tutorial on Pinterest.

I used this tutorial and some gray chevron and gray polka dot material I had left over from the nursery and made a reversible bib. I finished the edges with some pink binding and added some Velcro.

While the material isn't as heavy or thick as actual oilcloth material it does the job. This way when Miss Charlotte starts eating messy baby food I'll have a bib I can just wipe down and use again rather than wash every time.



1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love that it's reversible, & such a cute color combination

    ReplyDelete