Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Oilcloth table cover

Lilly has had this table for a while now and we use it a ton. It opens up and it is where we store all her crayons, coloring books, and play dough.

As you can see it's a mess. When she was younger she colored all over it and I figured I would wait to clean it up until after Charlotte has gotten coloring on the table out of her system..so I've got a while to go. Because it's unfinished her play dough sticks to it horribly..and it's almost impossible to get off!

I decided to purchase some oilcloth fabric (think: plastic tablecloth) to cover the table. I simply cut the oilcloth the length and width of the table, plus a half inch on each side to fold over the edge. I attached it to the edges with Velcro and I was done!



Such a simple project and it required no sewing at all! I love the clean look and especially love that her play dough will no longer get stuck to the table.

I also have a fair amount of oil cloth left over...so stay tuned for more fun oil cloth projects over the next week.

Amazon has some great oilcloth patterns available, see the link below for more info:


No comments:

Post a Comment