Monday, January 13, 2014

Coral and Gray Nursery

It's done! I love coral and gray together and wanted to do it for the nursery. It's also not super girly which I like, and can actually probably be used for either a boy or girl.

The main problem I had was there are a TON of shades of coral. I purchased the two coral fabrics in the sheet and bed skirt from fabric worm. They are organic cotton from Birch Tree and since they were in the same line they go well together.

The gray fabric in the bumpers is from Joanne's as well as the gray changing table cover.

For the artwork over the crib I simply recovered some canvases I already had with left over fabric. I used heat and bond to stick the elephent, flower and giraffe to the fabric and then hot glued the fabric to the back side of the canvases. I found the templates online and printed them off.

I purchased the white curtains from IKEA, the pair was only $10! I couldn't have made them for that, such a deal!

I had some coral/orange paint left over from another project and stenciled circles onto the curtains to give them a little color.

I painted the book shelves (spice racks) with the same orange paint before hanging them on the wall.













The book shelves (spice racks) were from IKEA. But if you, like me, don't have an IKEA near you you can find them on Amazon here




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful nursery! I love all color combos with grey! I need a daughter now! Would love for you to come over and share at The Happiness is Homemade Link party http://mommyondemand.com/happiness-homemade-3/

    ReplyDelete