Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm still here!

I know.
                 I've been MIA.
                                             It's been unacceptable...to put it lightly.

Basically, about a million things are going on right in the world of Ralls.

Thing #1: I've started a new job. It's fun and exciting and I like it, but as with anything new, it's an adjustment.

Thing #2: We bought a vacation home. Well, almost. Our closing date is set for July 15th but things appear to be going smoothly so far. Stay tuned for a room by room reno as we turn a filthy foreclosure into a relaxing mountain retreat.

Well, maybe that's just two things...but that's as close to a million as they come.

Last night I made a blueberry pie. As we are drawing closer and closer to the 4th of July (my favorite holiday second only to Christmas) I'm drawing closer and closer to all foods red white or blue. This of course includes blueberry pie. The recipe I used is the following, which I found on food.com:

Ingredients:


  • 5 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 refrigerated pie crusts
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 tesapoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablesppons butter 
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions:
1. Sprinkle berries with lemon juice; set aside
2. Fit one pastry in a 9 inch pie plate according to directions
3. Combine 1 cup of sugar and next three ingredients, add to berries stir well
4. Pour into pastry shell and dot with butter
5. Place second pastry on top of pie, crimp the edges together with the bottom pastry
6. Cut slits into top of pie crust to let steam escape
7. Brush top of pie with beaten egg, sprinkle sugar on top, bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Cover the pie with aluminum foil if it starts getting to brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment