Friday, April 19, 2013

Finished Circle Quilt

Here is the finished circle quilt I've been working on.


I started this project by cutting out my squares and circles. I found a five inch bowl and traced it around 25 circles. Next I cut out 25 six inch squares. If I were to do this quilt again I would probably make my squares seven inches instead of six.

After cutting out all the pieces I applied one circle to the middle of each square. I used a decorative zig-zag stitch to do this. Once all the circled were applied, I sewed my squares together. This is a small quilt with only 25 squares.

After the quilt top was complete I added some batting and a solid blue back. I then pinned these three layers together and sewed. Finally,  attached the binding.

I love the look of the circles and would love to try a larger version some day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment