Ever since making my last MOD dress, I've been wanting to make one with a V-Neck. Below is the inspiration dress that I found via Pinterest:
I used the same pattern from my last MOD dress but cut a V on the front piece. Last time I used Linen and lined it so that the dress was very thick. This time I just used cotton and didn't line it so it was much thinner. The fabric I used is from my sponsor Raspberry Creek Fabrics and can be found here.
The thin fabric around the V caused the sides of the V to fold down. I fixed this issue by ironing on fusing paper to each side of the V. This made it more sturdy and allowed it to stay upright. I really like how it turned out and it was very easy to make...I love things that are symmetrical!
Here's a close up of the fabric, gorgeous don't you think!
Here are the pieces all cut out. I was originally going to do something extra to the ends of the sleeves with the two rectangular pieces but this idea got nixed. I sewed two arm pieces to each bodice piece and then sewed those two pieces together. Very easy.