This is one of my favorite things to make during the fall. Below is my recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cups flour
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
(There ends up being more than enough filling for just one. When I do this again i think I'll make two cakes and use the filling to fill both of them. There is also just enough pumpkin in a can to make two so this way your extra pumpkin isn't going to waste)
- Combine all Ingredients for the cake portion and mix well.
- Line a cookie tray with tin foil and then spray with Pam, then lightly flour the tin foil with flour.
- Pour your batter onto the tray, spreading evenly. Cook for 15 minutes on 350.
- While your batter is cooking, mix together your filling ingredients
- Remove the cake from the oven and flip it onto a towel that has been sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar.
- Remove the tin foil and roll the cake up using the towel (the towel will be rolled together with the cake), sprinkle more powdered sugar over the top of the cake before you roll.
- Allow the cake to cool (about 30 minutes)
- Once its cool, unroll your cake and spread your filling on. You don't need to get close to the edges because as you re-roll, the filling with just seep out if you get to close.
- Re-roll your cake with the towel and place it in the fridge or freezer for 1/2 an hour.
- Cut off the edges which probably aren't to pretty, and then slice it and serve. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar to give a nice look.