Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Costume

Remember on Thursday when I found the perfect pumpkin costume fabric at the thrift store?! Here's a photo in case you forgot...

Pumpkin Costume

Using the same pattern that I used for the cow costume, I cut out four pieces from the orange material that looked like this:


I began by sewing two of the pieces together and then the other two together (front to front). Then I sewed those two sets together (front to front) so that I had one piece with fuzzy orange fabric both on the inside and outside..it will definitely keep her warm!

Next I attached the green "leaves" using fabric glue around the neck on the front and back. I cut out the eyes, nose and mouth from fuzzy black fabric I had left over from the cow costume and attached those using fabric glue as well.

I had some fun orange and black ribbon from my sponsor Shop Thinking of U. that I used as ties, sewing them on at the top.

For the hat I cut out a large circle from the orange fabric. Then I cut out elastic that was the circumference of her head and sewed the ends together, making a circle. I then sewed the elastic to the circle of fabric. Finally, I cut a circle in the top and attached the stem, which was two rectangles sewn together and then stuffed with polyfill. I used the same ribbon and attached it to both sides so that I could tie it under her chin.

Check out the photos below...isn't she the cutest pumpkin you've ever seen!!

Halloween Pumpkin Costume

Toddler Pumpkin Costume Halloween

Toddler Pumpkin Costume

I added a black t-shirt and black leggings so she doesn't get too cold :)




4 comments:

  1. What a great idea - it would be perfect for my little one :)
    I would really love it if you linked up with Crafty Tuesday on

    http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.ie/

    I feature every week 3 projects and promote them through twitter,facebook and pinterest
    all the best, Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO super cute!! Love the darling pumpkin costume and the cute little one wearing it!!

    My sister and I host a joint party and we'd love for you to join us. When you link up at one site, it shows up on both my blog and my sister's blog too...double exposure!!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute costume! I'd love for you to share this and any other crafts at my linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-3-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pumpkin costume! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope you'll be back soon! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete