Monday, October 22, 2012

Vintage Dress from Pillowcase

So remember that pillow case I bought on Thursday at the Thrift Store? Remember that it was only $.50! Here is what it looked like when I bought it. 

pillowcase dress

Using a dress of Lilly's that I already had and liked, I traced the outline to get the sizing that I wanted.


After tracing, here is what it looked like. I love the ruffle at the bottom, and especially love the fact that I didn't have to do anything to put it there...


After sewing the two pieces together, front to front (leaving the arms, neck and bottom open) and adding a zipper, I used what was left of the ruffle portion of the pillow case and made some sleeves. Then all I had to do was finish the neck area and I was done! I love the fact that the bottom and the arms were already finished.

how to use an old pillowcase

There was NO way this girl was going to stay still longer than a second for me to snap a  picture so this is the best one I got of her with the dress on. So, I took a few of just the dress...


How to use an old pillow case

turn a pillow case into a dress



3 comments:

  1. Very cute and creative. We love recycling older items into something new and fresh! Thanks fr sharing.
    Donna @onceuponasewingmachine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! It's a totally different take on the pillowcase dress. I love it when I don't have to hem either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea, the little dress look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete