Unfortunately for you guys we recently purchased mushrooms at Costco. Because of this decision I've been trying to come up with creative ways to use all these mushrooms before they go bad. So. Many. Mushrooms. The first recipe I concocted was for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. Today's
Ingredients: (This will serve two people)
- 1/2 a medium onion; chopped
- 4 Large white mushrooms; remove stems and slice
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB butter
- 2 TB white wine
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Our Chicken breasts are also from Costco and therefore are from chickens that would have fit nicely in Gulliver's Travels, you know-when he was a giant) for those of you who purchase your chicken breasts from other establishments and therefore from normal sized chickens..you may need three instead of two.
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Penne Pasta (I just eye-balled this and used what I thought the two of us would eat)
- Cook the Penne Pasta according to the directions
- Meanwhile, saute your onion and mushrooms in your oil, butter and wine for 5 minutes. Add your chicken and saute for another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Add your cheese and stir until melted, then pour over your drained pasta. I sprinkled mine with parsley at the end...just to provide a little extra color.