Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ruffled Cotton Shirt




After making the Lilly Dress, I think I might be coming obsessed with ruffles!! They're so much fun! Below is the step by step tutorial of how I made this shirt.

Materials: 1 yard of fabric

Step 1: I traced the outline of a shirt I already had and cut out two identical pieces.





Step 2: Then I fold one of the pieces on its side and cut out the neck area.




Step 3: I decided to add binding to finish the edges. I did this by cutting a three inch strip and ironing the edges in so that it looks like this.


Step 4: Then I folded it over the edges where the arms and the neck are.


Step 5: Once the binding was all sewn on, I flipped the two pieces front to front and sewed up the sides, sewed the top together, and hemmed the bottom.

The ruffle tutorial can be find here.

On the polka dotted shirt I just put a ruffle down the center. On the navy and white one I did two ruffles, one around the neck.



 


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Great tutorial. I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete