Friday, July 13, 2012

Low Cost Kitchen Organization

This week I went into Hancock Fabrics to pick up some fabric. They were having a big sale on some of their home decor items and I spotted a great basket that was only $4 (80% off). When I got home I thought:

"This would look great in my kitchen and would help clean up some of this clutter in here".

This led to a quick and cheap kitchen cleaning/reorganization. I then stopped by TJ Maxx (love that store) and found scented shelf liner. Each pack of 8 was $4.99 and so I bought two packs. Not only is it cute, but my cabinets now smell like vanilla every time I open them.

Take a look at the before and after pics below, but be prepared...its embarrassing how bad I'd let my cabinets go... I hope you will still follow this blog despite your new-found knowledge of my untidiness...

 What a MESS!
Not any more!...and don't you just love this shelf liner?!

 Yea, I know, its gross.
 Much better aye?

 Ahh!!! so much clutter! (Also, I don't know why this is yellow, I promise I wasn't trying to make the photo look worse than it really was...like one of those swiffer vs mop commercials)
Here's the basket I got for $4. By organizing the cabinets I was able to find space to store all that stuff that was on top of the fridge. I also cleaned everything off the front of it in an attempt to de-clutter. 

So, my total cost was $14 and I think it looks a ton better. Not earth shattering or anything but I do smile now whenever I open my cabinets (Rather than throw my pot/pat in and run for the hills.) 



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your cabinets are so organized and smell nice. The shelf liner looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is awesome! LOVE it...you can come to my house when you're free! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! And it's a great example of how little things can make a big difference. I have some shelves that could use some really cute liner!

    I would love it if you would share this at my new Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-linky_13.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete