Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fire!

So, yesterday morning around 5:00 AM there was a fire at my grandmother's condo in Virginia Beach. The condo across from her was where it began. (See picture, the arrow points to my Grandma's living room window.) My mom is on spring break and decided to spend the night with her the night before because she wasn't feeling all that well. Thank goodness! I can't imagine what would have happened if my mom wasn't there. They were able to get out of the condo but now it is destroyed from smoke and water damage. My grandma will probably live with my parents for a while until things are repaired. My mom got out  with her cell phone, purse and pajamas. At times I can be extremely irrational and I feel like I would have a hard time leaving a burning building if I were put in that situation. I would definitely make sure everyone else was safe first, put then would probably try to save too many things... What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment