Monday, August 1, 2011

A Busy, but wonderful, weekend

This weekend we had John's family in to visit. They came in Thursday night and we went and saw captain America (which was a really good movie and I highly recommend it). Friday night we went out to dinner at Surf Rider in Hampton. I had never been there but had heard really great things about it and was definitely not disappointed. It was a great atmosphere with great food. On Saturday Lindsey and Jesse threw me a baby shower and did such an amazing job. Instead of playing the common baby shower games they had everyone decorate a quilt square, which Lindsey is going to sew into a quilt. They are so creative...I would have never thought of doing something that fun! Saturday night we had everyone over for a game night which was a lot of fun. We were able to see some people we hadn't seen in a while. It also wasn't 115 degrees outside so it was nice to hang out outside for a little bit. Game night ended up lasting until about 1:30 AM and so John and I skipped church Sunday morning. Sunday was my mom's birthday so they came over for lunch (Homemade crab cakes and corn on the cob). For her birthday my mom got to feel Lilly having the hiccups :)

On Sunday night we had Adam and Lindsey and Jesse and Craig over for dinner and as always had a blast :) Amy had made Adam and Lindsey a pie which they brought the remainder over for us to help them eat, it was excellent of course.  We all texted her at the exact same time thanking her for the pie and then spent about 20 minutes analyzing the responses we received. For example:

Craig: "Oh I got a text back! She said Thank you with an exclamation point, did anyone else get an exclamation point?"

John: "I got Thank you, then a space, and then an exclamation point. Clearly she put more thought into mine than yours."

It was definitely a great weekend and we are certainly blessed to have great friends and family. I'm glad they all got to meet each other and enjoy everyone's company. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. I took today off to catch up on things like laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, and sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment