Monday, May 2, 2011

A day of exciting news

1. We're having a girl! It was a bit of a shocker since EVERYONE (and I mean EVERYONE) was certain it was a boy...but we are definitely excited :) And the best news of all was that our little one appears to be very healthy.

2. Being that my pregnant self goes to bed early I woke up to the Bin Laden news rather than went to bed to it. I have some thoughts on it:

a. I don't like the idea of celebrating someone's death, whoever it is because we now know where that person is, as well as where he is not, which is devastating.
b. I love how United the country seemed today. I remember this feeling after 9/11 but that was unfortunately in the wake of tragedy rather than because of national pride. I am very proud of America.
c. Usually we only get to listen to Allen Jackson's "Where were you when the world stopped turning" and Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" on the 4th of July and Memorial Day but I'm pretty sure I've heard these two songs more today than I ever have...love it

1 comment:

  1. In regards to 2a: I wholeheartedly agree. It is tragic.

    ReplyDelete