Monday, January 27, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

This weekend we were able to make it to my favorite thrift store. I hadn't been in a while and we found some really great stuff!



First of all, I found a great pair of maternity jeans. They still had the tags still on them and were made by Paige. I could tell they were probably pricey but hadn't heard of the brand before. I bought them for $4. When I got home I looked them up. They sell them at A Pea in a Pod and range between $145 and $245!! Woah.

They weren't my size and since I'M SURE THIS BABY IS GOING TO BE HERE ANY DAY! I'm not buying any more maternity items for myself anyways. Instead, I took them to a store here called The Clothes Mentor. They give you cash on the spot for used clothes and they gave me $25.50 for them! Score!


I also bought two books:

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (A friend recommended this book to me last week and so I was excited to spot it on the shelf for $.50) I'm thinking I'll have plenty of 2 AM reading times in the coming weeks :)

Atonement by Ian McEwan. This one just looked interesting. Also $.50

I also found this dishwasher basket. A friend of mine has one of these and it's great for all the little bottle parts (caps, rings, nipples etc). It was only $.50!

Finally I found some cute fabric. The long piece is an extra long pillow case in a fun pink print. It was $.50. I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I'm sure it will turn into something cute.

The other piece of fabric is an adorable knit fabric. There is about a yard and I love the sailboat pattern. I see some cute leggings for Lilly in the near future so stay tuned for that post!

All in all I spent $7.50 on all these things and made $21.50 on the jeans. Not bad right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment