Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ten Minute DIY dress

I love picking up old pillowcases at the thrift store. You can usually find them for around $.50 each and they are so versatile.

We all know about how great they are for pillow case dresses for little girls but did you know you can use them to make a dress for you too?

I love stripes, so I picked up this pillow case a while back when I spotted it at the thrift store...$.50! It's longer than most and I think it might be a king size pillow case.



Step 1: Fold your pillow case in half and cut off the top so that the pillow case is open on both ends. I cut about 1/2 an in off.



Step 2: Flip the pillow case inside out and fold down the top of the case all the way around about 3/4 of an inch, then sew, leaving an opening of about 1-2 inches.



Step 3: Meausre 1/2 inch elastic around your chest area, then subtract 2 inches and cut. Feed the elastic through your folded down area using a safety pin. Once you've gone all the way around sew the two ends of the elastic together. Then sew your opening closed.

You're done! You can literally complete this entire project in under 15 minutes. This strapless dress is great for summertime...and also great for us pregnant ladies. I used an old coral scarf as a belt because I love the coral/navy combo :)






No comments:

Post a Comment