Friday, March 1, 2013

From Scrap Bag to Quilt

One of my sponsors, Marie Madeline Studio, offers 'Scrap Bags' for sale...su ch a great idea! I received one in the mail and was excited to peak inside since I had no idea what I would get.

Inside were various small pieces of fabric, ranging in color and size. I sorted through the scraps and found a number that coordinated. I cut out 30 five inch squares from the coordinating fabrics and added a few of my own (the solid green and white squares seen below) and created a quilt!

I think the idea of a scrap bag is brilliant...the mystery and anticipation of opening up the package and seeing what's inside is a lot of fun! And the possibilities are endless!

Here are a few photos of the quilt I completed. The back of the quilt is from some material I purchased at a thrift store a few months ago. It matches perfectly!

I just love the colors in this quilt, don't you?

quilt from scraps


diy baby quilt

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I'd like to invite you to participate in my Pin Me Linky Party. It goes Fri-Tue. I allow up to 3 links each week! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete