Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fat Quarter Bag...and a Winner!

My sponsor, Skye Reve Fabrics offers fat quarter and half yard bundles. I recently used one (This one!) to make a bag.

Here's what I did:
1. Cut out five pieces: one front and back piece which were the same side, two side pieces which were the same size and one bottom piece.  I used different fabrics to give it a shabby chic look.
2. I ironed one quilting batting to each piece and then sewed all the pieces together front to front. The batting made the bag more sturdy.
3. I lined the back with a vintage pillow case I found at an antique store recently. The green trim in the pillow case matched the material perfectly! I love how it turned out.
4. I added the strap (two pieces of material sewn together front to front and then flipped inside out) and two pockets on the inside. I love how sturdy the bag is and love how much I can stuff inside!

Front

Back
What type of bag would you make?

I have been soooo excited about how many responses I received in the $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway! You guys must love you some Amazon (but who doesn't right?)! Well...drumroll please...the winner is...Holly Cunningham! Your gift card is on it's way!


No comments:

Post a Comment