Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY pillow...to go with my curtains

Hey guys, remember the curtains I made a few days ago for my bedroom? Of course you do right? It's all you've been thinking about I'm sure.

Well, I made a matching pillow with the same fabric and some coordinating piping. I'd never used piping before and was a bit nervous but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I imagined. I just went slowly...especially around the corners. I love how the pillow turned out. The piping just makes it look so professional!

I bought some taupe paint yesterday and plan to paint the walls today and tomorrow. So (Hopefully) by Monday it will all start coming together...more pictures to come!



On an unrelated note...I've decided to start listening to books on tape, since I'm in the car so much. I picked my first one up yesterday at the library. It's The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult.




Have you ever listened to an audio book? Thoughts? It's kind of different than reading it yourself, but definitely a good way to multi-task and safer than being on the phone while driving (that's still aloud here in southern Virginia...)


1 comment:

  1. cute pillow! It great when you have leftover fabric and can make another project! I have leftovers from my curtains, but haven't done anything with it yet....inspiring :o) I host a Tuesday Link Party if you are interested in checking out a new party... I've also got some awesome giveaways on now until Monday night... stop by!!! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/chinese-new-year-in-boracay.html

    ReplyDelete