Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Homemade Christmas: Seven DIY Christmas Gift Ideas

When they're done right, aren't homemade gifts the best? Not only do they save money but you can personalize your gift in such a way that the person receiving it feels loved and special. Today I've compiled seven DIY gift ideas that I've seen floating around the blogging world. I hope you're able to use one or two (or all of them) this Christmas Season.


DIY Christmas Gift Coasters
This project looks so easy and I can't wait to try it! In the past I've found these square tiles at our Habitat for Humanity Re-Store for about $.10 each! What an easy, low cost Christmas Gift Idea!









DIY Christmas Gifts
 What an adorable idea! And great for Stocking Stuffer's don't you think?!












DIY Fleece Scarf
 This is the tutorial I used to make my fleece scarves. Also, this Friday (black Friday) fleece is on sale at Joann's for $2.99 a yard! That means you can make these scarves for $1.00 each!! (You can make three scarves for every 1 yard of fabric)










DIY Christmas Gift Ideas
 4. Monogrammed Mug:

Not only is this a cute and inexpensive project, it's also something you can do with your kids!








5.  Homemade Sugar Scrub:

DIY Christmas Gift Idea
What a great idea for the women in your lives (such as teachers, coaches etc) I found these 4 oz jars on Amazon for$.75 each if you're looking for a deal.





6. Sewing Kit

Know someone who loves to sew? Isn't this DIY sewing kit adorable?!This kit was inspired by an Anthopologie product that was for sale for $48!!!












7. Button Necklace

DIY easy button necklace
 Do you have some fabric scraps left over? Take a look at this button necklace tutorial. You can use up those scraps of fabric and have a wonderful gift to give all at the same time! If you're looking for a button kit Amazon has them here.



5 comments:

  1. These are great ideas, I love the coasters, I could see using them for a wall hanging or table top too!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, its my first time here and I have to say this is a great selection of gifts!! I love them all! Especially the little sewing kit, it is one you will want to display! So thoughtful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are some wonderful ideas, any one of them would make a great gift, but my favorite is the sewing kit. The fleece scarves are really pretty too. My grand daughter is into scarves, bet she would love this. Thank you for sharing all these wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects. I found you through Sumo's Sweet Stuff..I too love gifts in a jar. I'm #228 with a jar project. Great to have found you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete