If you remember Friday's post, I created a basic pattern with plans to use it in a few creative ways. Below is a picture of the first dress:
For today's project, I used the remaining fabric blue and white fabric I had left. This fabric is from my sponsor Marie Madeline Studio.
I decided I wanted to do an Asian inspired cloak. I simply used the three base pieces from the pattern and added sleeves Instead of the two half pieces forming the back of the dress, this time they formed the front. There was also enough extra material to fold over in the front to make button holes and buttons. I finished the neck and bottom off with some white edging that I had left over from Friday's dress.
Here is the fabric in the front folded over before I installed the button holes.
And here are some pictures of Lilly, who of course is not into sitting still or modeling whatsoever...