Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hot Topic Tuesday

Alright, this issue is greatly debated across the world...e-readers or old fashioned turn the badge books? I personally prefer the old fashioned kind. There's just something about snuggling under a blanket with a cup of coffee and an old book. I also feel like the look of the book itself tells a story. The way an old copy of The Scarlet Letter feels is very different from the way the new Steve Jobs book feels. They pages feel different, the fonts are different, the size is different and the covers are different. I feel like using an e-reader neutralizes some of these differences.

BUT, I was once on a trip and had no way of getting to a store and hadn't brought any reading material. I bought a book and read it on my phone and it was great that I had that option. I would have rather had the book itself though, reading on my phone was a bit like being a giant and trying to read book for dolls.

So what are your thoughts?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment