Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Comfort Food!

Alright, I've got two comfort food recipes for you guys because I LOVE comfort food.

First we have Pot Roast...I used to think that making Pot Roast was hard core, like you could only make it if you had been cooking for 40 years and were a grandma. This, fortunately, is untrue. I use this recipe and it works great, also its super easy because its in the crockpot!! I usually add red potatoes and baby carrots to the crockpot as well. And serve with biscuits. Yum!



Nothing says comfort food like homemade macaroni and cheese. My mom makes an awesome homemade mac-n-cheese and this recipe is as close to hers that I could come. It. Is. Amazing. Personally I really enjoy the taste of different cheeses so while it calls for 2 cups of cheddar cheese I prefer to use 1 1/2 cups of cheddar and then the last half cup mix between Parmesan and Gouda, or Parmesan and Velveeta. This makes is more interesting and the Velveeta makes it more creamy. I like to serve with salad and Grilled Chicken.(Correction: it is socially acceptable to serve it with a vegetable and meat...I would be fine only eating macaroni and cheese for dinner)


Now, it'll cost you about $4.25 to make the macaroni and it serves 4 people. That's about $1 per person!!

Oh, and mac-n-cheese can easily fixed and then frozen and pulled out for a dinner next week. So, make a double batch and you've got dinner for next week too, just pop it in the oven.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mac and cheese. Love it! My mom would get plain macaroni and mix it with queso. My dad worked for Frito-Lay and she would use their queso. Cheesy and a bit of a kick. Yum-my. I've never made pot roast before so I will need to test this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete