Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bonus Post...Sleep is for the weak

So, I was laying in bed last night at 2:30 thinking about how I would give you guys a bonus post this morning. I usually don't blog on the weekends but alas, its a special occasion.

Remember when you were a kid and you went to bed at 9:00 and woke up at 7:00 and there was nothing in between except dreamland? Well, I miss those days. Here is a play by play of last night in our house

10:30- go to bed
11:30- wake up to John downstairs in the kitchen opening the fridge
12:00, 12:45 - wake up to the sounds of thunder and the torrential downpour outside
1:30 - wake up to Lilly (still asleep) with her pacifier still in, saying "ahhhhhhhh" as loud as possible. She wasn't crying just babbling while still half asleep. I was hoping she'd fall back into a deep sleep but then at 1:45 I decided to rock her back to sleep, it worked.
2:00 - Wake up to John saying "I don't think so!" (I was waiting for a Tim to follow this) As he rolls over
2:30- Wake up to the storm one more time
2:45- Our cat sleeps in the guest room upstairs, usually in the night he gets bored and wants company. While our bed is in fact high enough for him to jump up on he thinks its so high so we've put a chair next to the bed for him to use as a stepladder. Unfortunately the chair is on John's side of the bed and he's scared of John at night so he will only stand next to my head on the floor and wine, "Meow, Meow, Meow" he does this until I pick him up and put him on the bed. From there he walks in circles around my face until he finds a comfortable spot to lay down. This comfortable spot is ALWAYS in the center of my pillow. This all happened at 2:45.
3:00-5:30- Sleep!
5:30- check on Lilly because she spit her pacifier out
6:30- wake up
6;45- Lilly wakes up. (Usually she sleeps until 7:30 but oh well, it was just one of those nights)

No comments:

Post a Comment