Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September

So, its September! Lilly is due on the 26th and we are anxiously waiting her arrival. A few thoughts regarding that:

1. I realize that I can't call people just to say hi. Every time I call John at work he's like "what's wrong!" when I was just checking in to see how his day is going...
2. We are taking a birthing/breathing class at Mary Immaculate on Monday nights. I have mixed feelings about it. It has been informative which is good but its kind of strange at the same time. For example. last night we had an exercise where we were all laying on the floor with our eyes closed trying to relax. The instructor read us a story that lasted for about 10 minutes called, "Your Special Place" where we all were told to imagine a special relaxing place (like a tropical island) and think only happy peaceful thoughts. At one point she said, "Now imagine that your body is being filled with golden rays of light that are magically protecting you and your baby."
3. I think I may have made the mistake of assuming all along that Lilly would be early. In my mind I'm thinking that she should have been here by now...when her due date is actually still two weeks off.
4. We now have everything we need for her arrival and that makes me feel good and less stressed. Everything has been washed and we are now just waiting.
5. About 2 weeks ago I had an ultrasound done that said she probably weighed about 6 lbs 15 oz. That was TWO WEEKS AGO!...This kind of scares me.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. #2. LOL. I'm so glad our birthing class was nothing like that. I don't think Nich or I would have been able to refrain from making not-so-nice remarks.

    #3. I did that, too. I was rooting for Brennan to be born at 37 weeks (since that's the beginning of "full term"). Yeah. We know how that turned out.

    #5. You'll do great! She'll be the perfect size, just as God intended for her to be. :~)

    ReplyDelete