Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weekend Update

What a crazy last few days...

Thursday: Thursday morning I had my glucose test at 7:30 AM. You can't eat for 8 hours prior to the test so I'm glad it was so early in the morning...but I was still hungry and since I had 2 hours of sleep the night before, I was also exhausted. It's a two hour test and the worst part was that since I did it at Mary Immaculate I had no cell phone reception for that two hours! I knew that Lindsey had started having contractions earlier that morning so I was going crazy not having contact with the outside world. On another note I sat waiting between two HUGE Newport News inmates who were both handcuffed. They were really nice though. I called Lindsey when I got out of the hospital and she had just gotten to Obici and was checking in...later that evening (at 5:31) Emmeline arrived! She is such a beautiful baby and I'm so happy for them. Seeing her has made me really ready for Lillian to arrive, the anticipation is growing! We were able to see her Thursday night and I am so excited to get to know her.

Friday: (Began the day with 4 hours of sleep) I was fortunately able to leave work early, around 12:30 and went home to prep for the garage sale we were having the next day. I eventually grew tired of pricing and went back to the hospital in Suffolk. I got home about 9:30 and John and I finished pricing everything around 11:30 and went to bed.

Saturday: (6 Hours of sleep!!) The yard sale was a lot of fun. We got rid of a good amount of stuff and met some really nice neighbors in the process. We finished around 1:30 and then headed over to Smithfield to welcome Emmeline home (along with Jesse, Craig and my parents). Now we are home and to continue the theme will be watching Due Date in a few minutes.

The fourth of July is probably my favorite holiday next to Christmas. I love the energy/feelings of pride and patriotism that I've felt this weekend... And there's no other time during the year when you get to hear Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" 3x in one day on the radio. Tomorrow we're planning on seeing fireworks in Smithfield and doing some crabbing. Currently I'm feeling very content, blessed...and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment