Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Tad Scared

So, I guess in the process of pregnancy I have left the "ooh exciting!...except I'm going to start getting fat" stage of the journey and am entering into the "Oh Crap!" stage.

On Sunday we sat behind a whole bunch of middle school aged girls and they were loud and rambunctious and distracting and that began my thought process of..."what if that's MY daughter in 12 years!"  It's scary, but I think also important, to realize that we (John and I) have only so much control on who this little person is going to become. Obviously we can be good parents and teach him/her how to make good decisions and the fruits of the Spirit but their personality is totally up to God. I personally, am very fond of my own personality...so I would definitely not complain if my son or daughter had a very similar personality...I think it would work out well. But I also realize that most likely that is not the way it's going to happen. So this week, I'm working on being excited to see who this new little person will become, and specifically excited that he/she won't be an exact replica of me or John, because there's enough of us already in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, this entry made me laugh. :~) You'll be a great mom, Lindsey, and although you're right in that there's only so much you and John can control, remember, too, that there is a lot of good parenting you CAN do ... like teaching your kids about respecting other people's space and time with God during church. Whenever I have those thoughts of, "Oh, gosh, I don't want that to be MY kid," I try to pray for Brennan's heart/character to be teachable and molded by God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're not going to get fat. Just make good choices about what you're eating. :~) It comes off quickly, too, esp. if you breastfeed. I've lost all but 5 lbs of my pregnancy weight, and I eat like a trucker!

    ReplyDelete