Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Timeline

So, my new year's resolution was to read through the Bible in a year. So far, I'm on schedule, which is good...but it's only January. As I was reading through Genesis I thought it would be fun to keep a timeline of the Bible. I'm sure I could find this info on the internet if I searched, but it's more interesting to create it myself...plus I know it's accurate. So far I've learned that Adam is Noah's great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather (7x). Also, the flood came 1586 years after Adam was created by God. Anyways, that is what I found interesting today...hopefully there will be more to come.

1 comment:

  1. We're doing this again, too, but this time, we're following a chronological reading plan. It does weird things like put readings from Job smack in the middle of Genesis, but it's a nice change from reading cover to cover. :~) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete