Friday, September 12, 2014

Dining Room Makeover

For the past few weeks I've been working on my dining room. For those that don't know, it was previously red on the bottom and off white on the top. I've always loved the look of wainscotting and so I looked on pinterest for some DIY ideas. I decided to do the "picture frame" look and picked out the trim I liked from Lowes.

It really wasn't all that difficult, just a lot of measuring and cutting. I used liquid nails to attach the trim to the walls and then a few small nails for those pieces of trim that needed something extra. The most tedious part was painting. It took about 4 coasts of white paint to cover the red that was there. I painted the top a kind of gold color that will hopefully tie in with our future updated kitchen. I really like how it turned out and am excited to get going with the kitchen. I wanted some grey curtains but didn't want to spend $40+ on them. I really liked the curtains I had; the color just didn't work any more (they were kinf of a beige color). So I decided to dye them, using grey RIT dye and they turned out exactly how I imaged they would...even better! So, I will definitely try dying things in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment