Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baby's First Christmas Tree

It was gorgeous and 75 degrees here yesterday, but that didn't stop me from breaking out the Christmas decorations. I usually don't put my Christmas stuff up so early but I'm having a Christmas craft night next Tuesday and want everything to be set up for that.

I have a four foot tree that I usually set in our living room, in the bay window. (Our large tree goes in our family room with the fire place) This year though we have a special little 14 month old who I thought might enjoy it more in her room. One of my favorite things about Christmas as a kid was the small tree I had in my room. I remember loving the way the lights bounced off the walls in the dark while I was falling asleep. I hope Lilly has that memory as well when she grows up.

Below are a few pictures of her room with the tree all set up! White lights, red ribbon and miniature balls with an angel on top. I figured as she grows she can add an ornament of her own each year.

Babies first christmas tree

Babies first christmas tree

Christmas tree in child's room

7 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I'm wondering if she's started to try to play with the tree or knock it off yet. I have a 14 month old too, and I'm afraid he's going to destroy the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little too high for her so she can't quite reach the branches. Also, I didn't place any bulbs on the bottom branches, just in case :)

      Delete
  2. We didn't dare have our big tree up at all last year, what with B being a tall and active 10-month-old. We had our little tree up on a decorated table. He's old enough this year to obey and not touch things, so I'm looking forward to having our big tree again ... in our new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New houses are so exciting...especially when it comes to decorating for Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the tree - so pretty! My Mom had trees that matched my sisters and I's bedroom decor and I always loved them. Not sure how much my two sons would appreciate matching christmas decor in their rooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love the tree. I have a link party and would love to have you share this and any other posts. It is called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete