Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summertime Grilling!



Happy fourth of July everyone! This is one of my all-time favorite holidays. I love the collective feelings of patriotism and nationalism, oh and fireworks are pretty sweet too.

We've been spending a lot more time grilling in the past few weeks (one of the great things about summer) and a few nights ago we tried grilled pineapple. I hate cutting up pineapple, it's difficult and if you don't get it quite right and leave some of the rough spots on they hurt my tongue. Sooo....we buy our pineapple pre-cut from Costco. It's $7.99 and comes in a huge container (3 lbs of pineapple) and its fresh. I love the taste of grilled pineapple but I wanted to mix it up a bit so i drizzled one small drizzle of honey on each slice and then we threw them on the grill. So. So. Good. We took them off just after they got those wonderful grill marks and it basically melts in your mouth!

We ate our grilled pineapple with grilled Ahi-Tuna (with an equal mix of lemon juince/lime juice/olive oil brushed on them while on the grill) and grilled corn on the cob (wrapped in tin-foil and brushed with a mix of 1 TB of butter, parsley, salt and thyme)

Everything was wonderful and all in all not too unhealthy...right?

Have a Great Fourth!

2 comments:

  1. I get precut pineapple too. Cutting a real pineapple isn't fun. I've never had grilled pineapple before. That whole meal sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple & honey, lovely combination! Thanks for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete